The Best Way to Skin HydrationFebruary 13, 2023
Congested Skin? Here’s How Hydrafacial Can HelpMarch 13, 2023
Laser hair removal is a modern procedure that applies light energy to remove unwanted hair. During the procedure, the energy is converted to heat, which will delay future hair growth by damaging the hair follicles. There are dos and don’ts to consider when opting for laser hair removal, including laser hair removal aftercare.
What Is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is an effective method that has become very popular in the recent decades. It cannot result in permanent hair removal, and multiple sessions are required for the initial removal of hair and maintenance treatments. It targets your legs, armpits, chin, and bikini line hair. Laser hair removal can be used on all skin types; however, it is more helpful for people with light skin and dark hair. The contrast between hair and skin gets you better results. There is also little risk of damage to the skin.
What Is the Laser Hair Removal Process Like?
Your treatment is usually two to six sessions depending on the target area. A topical anesthetic is applied to reduce the discomfort during your session. Then, the technician holds the laser instrument near your skin. He or she uses a cooling device or a cool gel to reduce the side effects. The laser beam passes through your skin to inhibit hair growth in the hair follicle. To reduce any discomfort, there are tips to follow.
How Is Post Laser Hair Removal Care?
After laser hair removal, you will notice some discomfort. There are ways to ease the discomfort and soothe the skin:
- Using ice or cold packs immediately after the laser treatment can be very helpful if properly applied on the treated site. Icing the area is recommended for up to 10 minutes 3 times a day until the discomfort is gone.
- Aloe Vera gel or lotion is another option that can soothe the redness and swelling. You should apply it directly to the place of the hair removal and wait for it to absorb into your skin.
- Painkillers can be taken if the pain persists. The OTC painkillers can only be taken for about a day after the laser treatment.
- Your skin will feel dry after the procedure and you need to apply a non-comedogenic moisturizer to alleviate this feeling.
- You can wash the ministered area once or twice a day after the treatment. You should avoid hot water, and wash your skin with a mild cleanser designed for sensitive skin while you bathe.
- Protecting the treated areas from sun exposure is very important after laser hair removal, as the sunlight will irritate your skin, resulting in more discomfort. Preventing the sunlight is highly recommended and if you absolutely have to go outside, make sure you cover the area with clothing. You should apply sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30.
- Avoiding excess heat is necessary until the treated area is fully healed because it can increase irritation.
- Strenuous exercise is also forbidden after the treatment, because it will raise your body’s temperature and irritate your skin. *Makeup should not be used if you have gone for facial hair removal for the first 24 hours after the treatment.
Where to Go for A Laser Hair Removal?
Although it seems simple, laser hair removal must be performed by board-certified doctors. If you are willing to opt for this method, you should make sure that a dermatologist carries out the procedure. You can trust TatoyanMD Medspa if you are interested in experiencing a comfortable treatment with the help of a qualified team in a friendly environment. You can plan a free consultation with our dermatologist to decide if this is an appropriate solution for your condition or not. When you are certain that you want to go for the treatment, we will be available to offer you the ideal outcome.