Dysport vs. Botox: Which One Is Best for You?January 30, 2023
Laser Hair Removal AftercareFebruary 27, 2023
Your skin requires adequate moisture to function properly and stay youthful. Hydration is a prominent factor in protecting your skin against damage. It allows your skin cells to communicate better when working together to improve your skin’s health and appearance. Loss of skin hydration can lead to the development of different skin conditions.
Why Should You Hydrate Your Skin?
While the body has natural mechanisms for keeping the skin hydrated, your skin may still get dry for a variety of reasons such as diet, cold weather, sun exposure, and dehydration. Hydration delivers noteworthy benefits to your skin:
- It increases skin’s elasticity, which results in tighter skin by letting your skin stabilize its moisture without getting oily.
- It improves your skin’s cellular function and leads to a reduction in acne by beating inflammation. Hydrating your skin delivers a balance of oil and water to your skin and you will be less likely to experience acne.
- It improves skin health. Water allows your skin to get healthier by flushing out toxins from your body and balancing the hormones which are efficient for skin health.
- It promotes the process of healing. Hydration encourages the transport of nutrients and develops balance in skin cells which enables them to repair effectively.
What Can Help to Hydrate Skin?
There are many ways to prevent dry skin. Drinking water is the key factor; however, there are some other elements that help promote skin’s hydration. You can hydrate your skin by incorporating these into your daily routine:
One of the most powerful hydrating elements is Hyaluronic acid. It helps your skin to absorb and hold water, and can deliver nutrients to your skin when combined with other components.
Vitamin B5 is another factor that helps your skin by retaining water which will leave your skin soft and flexible. It also assists with burns and wounds with its anti-inflammatory properties.
Squalane is an oil that hydrates and helps your skin maintain its soft texture and prevents moisture loss when applied regularly.
Glycerin acts as a natural humectant that draws moisture to the skin, so that the skin regains its softness.
How to Hydrate Skin?
Except for higher water input, applying topical products to your skin can also help for optimum hydration. Your diet and skincare routine both can be very helpful to improve your skin.
- Avoid drinks with diuretic properties, such as alcohol and coffee, to prevent your skin from getting dry.
- Apply lotions on the face and body as your daytime moisturizer. It’s better to apply gels on the face, as they are quickly absorbed.
- Use proper cleansers based on your skin type and condition.
- Try applying moisturizer directly after taking a bath to enhance your skin’s uptake of the treatment. *Avoid hot showers and wear suitable sunscreens to prevent dry skin and premature aging.
HydraFacial is a skin procedure carried out by professional dermatologists. This non-invasive treatment involves three steps to deep-clean, exfoliate, and hydrate your skin, hence delivering dramatic results. HydraFacial can help treat a variety of skin conditions, such as dry skin with the help of a special wand. Your skin deserves to be taken care of, and to achieve this, you can rest assured that we are always with you. You can trust our attentive staff at TatoyanMD Medspa who will offer the best solutions for a variety of skin conditions and concerns.