The Ultimate Guide for Thin LipsMay 8, 2023
The Magic of Morpheus8 for Acne ScarsJune 5, 2023
Most of us are familiar and in love with peels. Still, some chemical peel benefits seem to remain unknown to many skincare enthusiasts. In this article, we are going to talk about how chemical peels work and why you should try them. We will also recommend our favorite peel at the end.
How Does a Chemical Peel Work?
Chemical peels are chemical solutions that are applied to the skin by a professional to smooth out lines and wrinkles, diminish acne scars, and treat a variety of skin problems. These peels have three levels of strength:
- Light chemical peels: the chemical peels at this level remove the outermost layer of your skin. As the change offered by these peels is quite subtle, you will need multiple sessions to notice visible results.
- Medium chemical peels: These peels remove the outermost layer of skin as well as a part of your middle skin layer.
- Deep chemical peels: These are the strongest peels, as they yield the most dramatic results because they get to the lower parts of the middle layer of your skin. Don’t forget that a deep chemical peel is a one-time treatment only!
What Does a Chemical Peel Treat?
Chemical peels treat conditions that can be improved by removing layers of skin. They are usually applied on the face, neck, and hands, treating certain fine lines, acne, spots, scars, discoloration, dull complex, or melasma.
These peels cannot treat bulges, deep scars or lines, and other conditions requiring surgical procedures. We suggest you consult a specialist to determine if your problem can be treated with chemical peels.
What Are the Chemical Peel Benefits?
There are many benefits to using chemical peels, five of which being:
1. Treating Acne and Scar Marks
A chemical peel can be of great help if you struggle with acne breakouts, as it unclogs your pores and deposits salicylic acid to clear them. Other acids like trichloroacetic also help with treating scar marks.
2. Treating Fine Lines
Deep chemical peels can treat a certain number of fine lines. This procedure requires six to twelve months of healing time. You can also use a medium peel if your lines are moderately deep. Your doctor can help you decide if peels are effective for your specific skin issue(s).
3. Treating Spots
Mild chemical peels can help treat a variety of spots such as sun spots, freckles, Melasma, or other pigmentations.
4. Adding to the Effectiveness of Skincare Products
As they exfoliate the skin, chemical peels help with better absorption of skincare products. These peels also take away dead and dull skin cells, encouraging your skin to produce more collagen and hyaluronic acid. The result? Smoother, more radiant skin.
The best part of using chemical peels is that your doctor can customize the solution based on your particular need, so you won’t need to settle for a general chemical solution.
What Are the Risks of the Chemical Peels?
If the chemical peel benefits tempt you to give it a try, but you are concerned about the risks, here are the possible side effects of this treatment:
- Redness and swelling: Depending on the strength of the chemical peel, you might experience redness or swelling.
- Scarring: Though quite rare, the chemical peel might leave a scar if not applied correctly.
- Changes in skin color: You might experience skin discoloration after a chemical peel, especially if you want to use a chemical peel for skin lightening.
- Infection: Chemical peels could lead to infections if not performed properly.
How Can I Choose a Chemical Peel?
Our recommendation is The Perfect Derma Peel, a medium chemical peel containing acids like retinoic, salicylic, vitamin C, and glutathione to yield the best result after one session! After your first session of The Perfect Derma Peel, you will notice fresh, glowing skin on your body. If you don’t see your desired result after the first session, you can have more sessions once a month until you get the result that you want.
Do You Want a Chemical Peel Now?
This article talked about some of the chemical peel benefits you are missing out on. Of course, like any other treatment, this procedure should be carried out by a licensed professional.
Chemical Peels FAQ
Are chemical peels good for your skin?
Yes! Chemical peels treat fine lines, wrinkles, acne, and many other skin issues and problems.
Will my daily routine be affected after the treatment?
Not really. You can go back to your normal life and only avoid certain activities that cause excessive sweating, such as heavy workouts, drinking alcohol, swimming and sauna.
Is it ok to wear makeup after a chemical peel?
It is recommended not to wear makeup for at least two days after your peeling procedure.
Will my skin be sensitive after a chemical peel?
Yes, your skin will be more sensitive until its PH level is back to normal.
Is sun exposure permitted after a skin peel?
You should limit sun exposure to the minimum for two weeks after your peeling procedure. If, for any reason, you cannot avoid the sun, you should wear sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.